Finding Your True Safe Haven How Buying a Home Changes Everything


This is Dad’s Guide, a space where I want to share the warmth and wisdom of a father with everyone who needs it.

Even if we haven’t met, my heart is always with you, wishing for your safety, happiness, and a future where you can stand tall and proud.

Today, I want to talk to you about something incredibly vital for your journey ahead: finding your own place in this world, which is the true meaning of buying a home.


The Day I Learned That a House Is More Than Just a Roof

When I was in my 30s, I did not actually plan on purchasing a house right away.

At that time, I was planning to use a unique Korean housing rental system called Jeonse, where you deposit a large sum of money with the landlord instead of paying monthly rent, and you get that money back when you move out.

I had carefully saved up 200,000 dollars of my own hard-earned money to use for this Jeonse deposit because I grew up believing that taking out a loan was a terrible thing that should always be avoided.

However, when I went out to look for a place, there were absolutely no Jeonse properties available on the market, forcing me to make a huge decision.

I realized that if I could just borrow an additional 100,000 dollars through a bank loan, I could achieve buying a home for a total of 300,000 dollars.

With a trembling heart, I took out my very first loan and bought that house, a decision born out of necessity rather than a grand investment strategy.



How My Own House Became My Most Reliable Worker

What happened next completely changed my perspective on life and finance, and it is a lesson I deeply want to pass down to you.

Five years after that frightening purchase, the market value of my house rose significantly, reaching a total value of 500,000 dollars.

By making that single decision without knowing much about the market back then, I had suddenly earned a profit of 200,000 dollars.

This was a massive amount of money that I could have never saved up purely by putting away portions of my monthly salary into a regular bank account.

More importantly, during those five years, I enjoyed a peaceful and stable life in my own space without ever having to worry about an sudden eviction or a sudden hike in rent.

When your housing situation is unstable, it creates a constant background anxiety that can negatively impact your career, your relationships, and your mental peace.

That is why the legendary global investor Warren Buffett famously advised people that buying a home should come first before diving into other complex investments.



Letting Your Home Build Your Future While You Sleep

Now, I have become a veteran real estate investor with 10 years of solid experience, and I can tell you that there is a stark difference between a house that appreciates in value and one that does not.

I promise to teach you how to choose the right kind of property in our next letter, but today, I want you to firmly remember this one core principle.

Instead of pouring your hard-earned money into monthly rent or getting tied down by complex rental systems, aiming for buying a home is the best way to start your independent life.

Just like you go out to work hard every day to earn a living, a property that you fully own will also work silently in the background to build wealth for you.

Please remember that you deserve to have a permanent place of comfort, a sanctuary that belongs entirely to you, where no one can ever tell you to leave.

I am always rooting for your bright future, and I will always be here to guide you through the big steps of life just like a loving father.




Comments