Everyone Deserves Their Privacy
Hello, my dear one.
Today I want to talk about something simple but important.
It is called privacy.
Everyone has a private side of life.
The person you are at work is not always the same person you are at home.
That is completely normal.
Your private life belongs to you, and it deserves respect.
No one has the right to take that away from you.
A World Where Nothing Stays Hidden
But here is something you need to know.
These days, almost everything becomes public sooner or later.
If you post your personal life often on social media, you need to be even more careful.
In Korea right now, many parents watch their children's teachers online.
If a teacher posts a photo drinking with friends, some parents find it and leave comments like, I worry the children might imitate this, please be careful.
It sounds frightening, does it not.
A single photo can follow you for years.
A Lesson I Learned the Hard Way
Let me tell you something from my own life.
Years ago, back in 2010, I worked hard and won an award at my company.
The prize was one thousand dollars, which felt like a fortune to me at the time.
Then someone above me decided that half of my prize should go toward a dinner for the staff who organized the contest.
I had no power to refuse, so I sent part of my money away.
I could not hold in my anger, so I wrote something critical about my company on my personal social media.
I had almost no followers back then, so I thought no one would notice.
Months later, several coworkers told me they had read it.
I deleted it right away, but the damage to my reputation lingered for a long time.
Guarding What Is Yours Guards Your Future
That experience taught me something I never forgot.
In today's world, your personal life can become public at any moment.
This is why setting some boundaries for yourself truly matters.
Living carelessly, or breaking rules once you are away from work, may seem harmless now.
But sooner or later, it tends to come to light and can damage your career deeply.
If you work in public service, or if people naturally pay attention to you, one mistake in your private life can change everything.
Your freedom is yours to enjoy, but managing your private life wisely is also a form of taking care of yourself.
I truly hope you never lose something you worked hard for because of a moment you were not careful with your privacy.
.png)


Comments