Today I want to talk to you about workplace life.
I have worked at the same public organization for twenty years now.
It is a stable job, the kind many people dream about.
But I will be honest, the work itself is not exciting.
Almost every day looks the same as the one before.
If you are in a similar spot right now, you might feel bored out of your mind.
That feeling matters more than it looks.
Losing meaning in your work can quietly push you toward quitting without a real plan.
I felt this too, back in my early thirties.
The Trap of Constant Comparison
Back then, I wondered if I should leave for somewhere else.
I felt like a hamster on a wheel, so I started studying and looking beyond my company.
I realized that quitting is not always the answer.
If you find something you are truly passionate about, leaving can be wise.
But leaving simply because you are bored is one of the worst reasons to quit.
What I Learned About Working for a Company
When I was young, I gave everything to my company.
I worked overtime without complaint, hoping to be promoted faster than everyone else.
But no matter how hard I pushed, I only became known as a good worker, nothing more.
Even if you get promoted quickly, you are still an employee, and that fact does not change.
The extra salary from a promotion is usually smaller than you expect.
Companies want the most out of you while paying roughly the same amount.
This is a quiet truth about workplace life that nobody explains when you are young.
Learning to Use the Company Instead of Being Used
Once I understood this, I flipped my thinking completely.
Instead of the company using me, I decided to use the company.
Do only the work asked of you, and do not pour endless energy into it.
A company will never take responsibility for your whole life.
Save the time you have left, and invest it in raising your own value.
Earn a certification your company rewards, or try selling something on the side.
Studying new skills outside of work is another good option.
Stop believing your company is everything, and build yourself up until you could succeed even without its name on your business card.
Once you stop clinging to your job, your daily grind starts to feel lighter.
Turning Ordinary Days Into Something Meaningful
While working at my company, I combined what I learned with my own insights and wrote two books.
Now I give lectures, and I run a blog and a YouTube channel, all built on lessons from my job.
Even the repetitive parts of your workplace life hold something you can use for your future.
If you use your company wisely, your everyday work will slowly become something you are grateful for, instead of something you dread.
I hope today's letter helps you, even just a little.
.png)


Comments